Timeframe: Summer 2024
Deadline: Apply by November 3, 2023
Are you interested in transportation? Do you like collaborating with other problem solvers? Do you enjoy learning from complex challenges?
TEI is looking for summer interns who are enthusiastic for the chance to learn about how transportation planning and design can lead to more resilient and sustainable communities. Our summer interns are curious about the transportation industry with a desire to work with a team of passionate professionals on exciting planning and design projects.
As an intern at TEI, you will be immersed in the day to day operations of a professional services firm, working one-on-one with Professional Civil Engineers and Certified Urban Planners, both in the office and on-site in the field. We are committed to improving the communities we serve, and candidates must be available to visit local project sites in the Houston region.
Interns are given hands-on experience working with project leadership through a team-based company structure. Projects worked on by previous interns include traffic signal design, traffic impact analyses, bikeway and trail design, traffic signal warrant analyses, and corridor planning and feasibility studies.
Selected interns will enjoy the opportunity to:
- Pursue projects that interest them.
- Collaborate with motivated people who are passionate about transportation.
- Be part of a casual, fun, innovative team.
- Complete projects that change the way people travel everyday.
- Envision and implement options that make neighborhoods better places to live.
- Make a difference by creating new, safer travel choices for real people.
- Grow and learn from challenging roles on interesting projects.
Successful candidates will typically possess some or many of the following qualifications:
- Desire to deliver professional client/customer service.
- Willingness to learn, grow, and work hard.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or comparable Office applications.
- Ability to complete calculations, organize data, and write technically.
- Familiarity with CAD applications such as MicroStation or AutoCAD, is a plus.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or another Geographic Information System (GIS) application, is a plus.
- Knowledge of graphic design and Adobe Creative applications, especially InDesign or Illustrator, is a plus.
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume as a combined PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the submission form below.
Click here for a pdf of this job posting: TEI 2024 Summer Engineering Intern.