Associates at TEI are key team members who are given hands-on experience working with project leadership through a team-based approach. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects to develop your skills and expertise. TEI prides itself on encouraging and supporting leadership opportunities for team members at all levels. As an Associate, this includes:
- Project Leadership entails working as part of a team to develop high-quality deliverables and participating in project meetings. You will develop skills to manage multiple tasks and meet project deadlines. Associates will participate in client meetings to understand client goals and provide steps to achieve them and assist in developing meeting materials and presentations.
- Team Leadership will focus on participating in company-based activities that reinforce skills and company culture, following best practices, and providing new ideas. TEI recognizes there is great value on continual learning, from experts in our fields and from each other. As an Associate you are encouraged to build your knowledge and skillset through mentorship and training opportunities.
Examples of Projects & Responsibilities
As an Associate in TEI’s planning team, the following are examples of the types of projects, deliverables, and responsibilities you may expect, depending on the project and your particular skills:
- Analyze demographic and travel demand data, assess transportation improvement needs, and evaluate improvement alternatives
- Analyze bicycle, pedestrian, transit, and street networks using GIS and other data/analysis tools and engage with stakeholders and community members to identify mobility and safety enhancements
- Participate in client, technical group, stakeholder, and public meeting discussions and presentations
- Assist in preparing a variety of planning documents including plan reports, technical memoranda, correspondence, and engagement content
- Collaborate with other planners and engineers on multidisciplinary transportation projects
TEI requires a willingness to learn and grow from our Associates. A passion for transportation runs through all work TEI produces. We encourage applicants with a desire to deliver professional client service with high-quality deliverables. A successful candidate will have previous work or educational experience in some or many of the following areas:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban/transportation planning, or a related field
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience (internships in related fields can qualify)
- A basic and/or practical knowledge of the transportation planning field with the ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to inform plan development and decision making
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas through verbal and written media
- Organization skills and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks
- Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated skills in GIS; experience with spatial analysis, network analyst, and ArcGIS Online apps are a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other related products
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume as a combined PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the submission form below.
Click here for a pdf of this job posting: TEI Associate I_II Planner.