Deadline: Apply now to be considered.
Associates at TEI are key team members that are given hands-on experience working with project leadership through a team-based approach. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects to develop your skills and expertise. TEI prides itself on encouraging and supporting leadership opportunities for team members at all levels, and as an Associate, this includes:
- Project Leadership entails working as part of a team to develop high-quality deliverables and participating in project meetings. You will develop skills to manage multiple tasks and meet project deadlines. Associates will participate in client meetings to understand client goals and provide steps to achieve them and assist in developing meeting materials and presentations.
- Team Leadership will focus on participating in company-based activities that reinforce skills and company culture, following best practices, and providing new ideas. TEI recognizes there is great value on continual learning, from experts in our fields and from each other. As an Associate you are encouraged to build your knowledge and skillset through mentorship and training opportunities.
Examples of Projects & Responsibilities
As an Associate in TEI’s engineering team, the following are examples of the types of projects, deliverables, and responsibilities you may expect, depending on the project and your particular skills:
- Collaborating with team members on corridor planning, feasibility, and design studies to achieve mobility, access, and safety goals
- Developing intersection analyses and traffic signal designs
- Developing multimodal transportation models and technical reports for safety and traffic operations studies
- Preparing conceptual and final designs of traffic signals, shared-use trails, sidewalks, on-street and off-street bikeways, transit stops, and complete streets
- Collaborate with other engineers and planners on multidisciplinary transportation projects
TEI requires a willingness to learn and grow from our Associates. A passion for transportation runs through all work TEI produces. We encourage applicants with a desire to deliver professional client service with high-quality deliverables. A successful candidate will have previous work or educational experience in some or many of the following areas:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering
- Obtained or is working to obtain their EIT
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience (internships in related fields can qualify)
- Ability to complete calculations, organize data, and write technically
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas through verbal and written media
- Organization skills and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks
- A basic knowledge of transportation design elements including use of analytical judgment
- Familiarity with CAD programs such as MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Familiarity with traffic analysis and modeling software tools, such as Synchro, VISTRO or VISSIM
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume as a combined PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the submission form below.
Click here for a pdf of this job posting: TEI Associate I_II Engineer.